Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hot Chocolate Mix

Hey all,
 
So Christmas is just around the corner and I thought, what is one of the things pretty much everyone associates with Christmas? That would be hot chocolate of course.
Now regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas or not, you are sure to love this recipe.
 My sister and I posted this same recipe on our failed blog and out of my lack of time I am using some of the same pictures.
 
I actually made this mix a few days ago but by now I don't really use a recipe. My mom use-to make this for us when were little and now I make it for my younger siblings. This recipe makes about 6 cups of mix.
Ingredients-
 4 cups powdered milk
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
 
 Mix everything together in a bowl, you might want to sift the cocoa powder, sometimes it's a bit clumpy. Transfer the mix to and air-tight container. it will keep up to 3-4 months
To drink it put 2-3 Tbsp of the mix in a mug, add hot water and top with whipped cream or marshmallows (maybe both) I like to put a mini candy cane in mine it adds a little festivity, and lets be honest peppermint and hot chocolate are match made in heaven. If you want it richer/creamer you can add a bit of milk or whipping cream this will cool it off a bit as well. Another way is to only add enough hot water to get the mix to dissolve then fill the rest up with warm milk, this takes a little longer to make but is well worth the time! What is your favorite winter time drink? Tell me in the comments below.
Keep it sweet,
K.



No comments:

Post a Comment