Monday, November 2, 2015

Lavender Cupcakes

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, things have been a bit hectic this week. We've been selling some things that we can't take back to the U.S, and sadly our kitchen aid mixer was one of them. I did however mange to make one more thing before it was sold...


Lavender cupcakes! I know your probably thinking here's a girl whose first post was about a tiered cake and now lavender cupcakes! I promise you I don't do crazy things all the time, it was kinda a spur of the moment, my mom had some dried lavender and we were in the need for some cupcakes.


I've never really been fond of lavender but I wanted to try something new. I got the recipe out of a cupcake book called The Humming Bird Bakery.  Its a British book so most the measurements are in grams, sorry to those of you who like using cups (myself included).


I think the key point in getting the lavender flavor is to let it soak in the milk over night. But I was impatient and it only set for 5-ish hours, even with that they had a nice lavender flavor.


Lavender cupcakes: makes 12

120 ml milk
3 Tlbs dried lavender flowers
120 g flour
140 g sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
40 g butter
1 egg

Stir lavender and milk together, place in fridge and let sit preferably overnight.
Preheat oven to 170 C (325 F). Mix flour, sugar, butter and baking powder in a mixer until you have a sandy consistency. Strain the lavender infused milk into the flour mixture and beat until combined. Add egg and beat well. Fill cupcake holders 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 min.

Hope you enjoyed this post, due to me not having a mixer any more I probably won't be posting any more recipes. But I'll try and post some baking tips later on.

Keep it sweet,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment